Thursday, August 21, 2008

August 18

Apparently I'm not going to get much down time while we're here in Boulder. Either I'm catching up on, or doing schoolwork, or visiting friends or hiking or a number of other activities. Today we woke up early for a breakfast and a couple of hours of school work (Math and Reading.) I'm some 200+ pages into the the textbook and I still haven't found anything remotely new. I think I may be done with Algebra for now and need a geometry book, since that's what I would be doing at Summit this year.

After lunch we rented mountain bikes and stayed out for about three and a half hours, just messing around on some fun, relatively flat and easy trials. Because of the big rain showers the past two days the trials were really wet and muddy. I eventually gave up going around the puddles, and splashed straight through them!! I came home splattered in mud, but really happy. The trees here are just a completely uncontrollable forest fire waiting to happen. Most of them are red from beetle kill, and then occasionally you see a green one or two. It's actually really sad. Early tomorrow morning we set off to the Sunshine cafe and then a hike in!

No comments: