Thursday, August 21, 2008

August 17

Today was my third day down in Boulder, and though I was a little bit overwhelmed at first, I am enjoying every minutes of it. Friday, my first day I spent time in the rain with Annette, at the 29th Street Mall. It was lots of fun, and good for everybody to have cool weather for a change. I'm not sure I've ever seen so much steady rain the "the west". It literally rained for two days straight, and seemed lite it would never end. Of course this year after all the heat it was needed, but still. I also got to go to my favorite Chinese place, and ate noodles and chicken. It was as delicious as ever.

Straight from the mall I went to Dr Bock's for a follow-up on the Naples incident, then home for fifteen minutes to pack and then right on to Katie's for a little one-on-one time before her party. Everybody was happy to see me, as I was them. WE skated for a good two and a half hours without stopping, and plenty of people fell a number of times. It was very good to catch-up with everybody, and be back in that familiar atmosphere. I slept over at Katie's that night, and watched Phelps barely clinch his 7th straight Olympic Gold Medal (At the Beijing Games anyway).
All of Saturday it rained too, but Sunday it started to clear up again. I met up with Erica and we went to Winter Park for the day. It was so much fun to see her for a full day! Especially since I lived with her for three weeks, and then...nothing at all. We were both completely spastic, and ended up involuntarily competing for clumsiness. We both are clumsy queens, and so put together, it's not such a pretty sight. I think I won though, since I face-planted in the grass trying to run after the mini golf ball she hit amiss. Overall the day was really fun, and I will definitely miss Erica a lot.

No comments: