Saturday, August 16, 2008

Assignments: Day 5

8. If you could pick one medal to win in the Olympics, which one do you think would mean the most for you?

There is no question what medal would mean the most to me at the Olympics, and I think that if you ask many other people in the world it would be the same answer: Gold. And it would have to be at the Olympics, not just a World or National level competition. Though these accomplishments would get you recognized by the sports greats, and many other people, at the Olympics, the entire world knows what you accomplished, and your country celebrates it.

Gold would mean the most to me, because it would show that I could perform under pressure well and give me something to be proud of and maybe even look forward to accomplishing again. It would give me something to talk about and show family and friends. Any medal in the Olympics would gain international recognition, and in the modern day world fame and fortune and it would of course be a great achievement, but if I went to the Olympics as a medal contender, I would want that medal to be gold and no other color, because that would be the best feat possible. Winning a number of Olympics golds, or medals for that matter would be even more fulfilling.


No comments: