Thursday, September 4, 2008

August 31

Sunday morning Larissa and mom woke up early and got out of the tent. I actually was awake, but my eyes were tired so I just laid i the tent with my eyes closed for another hour or so. It was very relaxing, and that way it was warm when I got out of the tent, whereas Rissa and mom where in the car because they were so cold. It was overcast, but not rainy, as predicted. We decided to go into Kalispell to see a movie and kill some time.

First however, mom wanted to get some exercise, and so she and I did Trail of the Cedars and Avalanche Lake Trail. Because we were trying to do it quickly since Rissa didn't want to come, I didn't think about bringing my camera, and was very disappointed, because there were some gorgeous rock formations and four waterfalls going into the lake at the top. It took up about an hour and a half of fast walking, and it was really nice to move.

Then we drove into Kalispell and drove around for a while because we couldn't find a movie theater. It turned out that it was way out of town where we would never have looked, but luckily we had help. We watched Mama Mia! which mom and I had already seen while Rissa was down in Boulder, but it was still fun because the songs are nice to listen. It was funny because, as a typical chick flick there was probably two guys in the whole theater, and they were only there with their daughters/wives/girlfriends, not on their own.

When we got back, Larissa and mom didn't want to have a fire because they were tired. So we had a quick dinner instead and then went into the tent, where I read for a long time. I slept a lot better that night, even though there was just as many people talking and making noises.

No comments: