Wednesday, September 3, 2008

August 27

These blog entries are going to get pretty boring because there is really nothing going on here. A typical day for me right now is, wake up around 9 o'clock and lay in bed until somewhere between 10 o'clock and 11 o'clock. Then I have breakfast and futz around in my room for a little while until I'm awake enough to do Math. Sometimes I read during breakfast.

From about 12 o'clock to 3 o'clock everyday I do Math or some sort of school work. After that I usually do some chores for mom or chat or talk to friends on the phone. I'm trying to get less attached to that though, because I know I won't be able to do that much in India. Also, as I get repeating in Europe, talking to people you miss daily and hearing about all the things you're missing doesn't overcome homesickness; it makes it worse. So I'm trying to separate myself.

Then mom gets home and sometimes we get some help with our homework, or, depending on how late it is we watch Gillmore Girls, which I think is almost over. That ends at 7 o'clock and then we have dinner. Sometimes we all stay and talk for a while, sometimes not. After that Mom and Ben usually go upstairs for bed, and Rissa and I stay up late watching a movie.

Larissa insists that I tuck her in at night still, so I do that. Next, because I'm hardly ever tired I check my email or futz around for a little while. Usually about 11:30 I go downstairs to start getting ready for bed. Sometimes my friends are still awake and I talk on the phone with them, but that's rare. Most of the time I'm in bed by 12 o'clock, which should explain why I'm not an early riser anymore.

This repeats everyday of the week, and then on weekends sometimes we find other things to do like go hiking, and sometimes not. Usually school has a routine somewhat like this one, but for some reason I don't get bored with a school routine, and I'm very bored here. It probably has something to do with the fact that I'm not always a patient person and we're doing a lot of waiting around. We still don't know exactly when we're leaving or where we're going or for whole long, but everybody keeps repeating "we'll go somewhere fun".

No comments: