Tuesday, August 26, 2008

August 26

This morning we woke up late and had a slow morning. Around one o'clock Rissa and I went to open studios at one of the Teton Arts Council's buildings (ceramics). Larissa finished glazing the fish we made for Ben on his request, and I made a flower vase and bowl. Because I didn't have much time I didn't build the bowl that way I would have liked, and so it could be better and sturdier, but that can't be helped. We probably only have one or two more visits to the studio anyway.

After we got home (me from the store, Rissa from the studio) we spent about one hour and a half doing schoolwork. Again I endeared a bunch of math tests, while Rissa read. Overall, I still feel like it is summer since I'm not going to school. I keep thinking that I need to find something to do, forgetting that I have plenty of school related things I could be doing. I never though I'd say this, but I miss going to school already. Not so much for the homework and stuff, but because I loved my teachers and friends, and of course it's been part of my life for more than nine years now, basically all I can remember. And then all of a sudden, it's just gone.

After I made a dinner of enchiladas for everybody, we watched the newest version of Romeo and Juliet with Leonardo DiCaprio, which was really good. I think it's amazing that you can put Shakspeare's language in modern day scenes and settings, and it still doesn't seem out of place, and everybody can understand it. I suppose that's one of the great wonders of Mr. Shakspeare.

No comments: